Thursday, June 25, 2009

Daylen's Birthday



For Daylen's 5th birthday on June 11th we decided to try a new place for his party.  It's called Jump and Shout play center and it's right by the Scout shop at Mesa Riverview.  Well. . . the kids never knew the difference, but can I just say NIGHTMARE!  They were very understaffed that day and seemed to not be able to give us their full attention.  So our time in the party room was already disorganized.  When I scheduled the party they told me that 12 cupcakes would be included in the party and that I could bring my own in so we would have enough for the adults as long as they were store-bought.  So I got cupcakes from Sam's Club with cute little Spider-Man rings on top. As we were eating our pizza, the girl comes in and says she is really really sorry but that she had dropped our cupcakes all over the ground.  Uh. . . excuse me ? Are you kidding me??  So I calmly ask her where their cupcakes are and she says, "Oh, we didn't get any because we saw that you brought yours in so we didn't think we needed any."  Uh. .  . excuse me??  Are you kidding me??!!  There were about 4 that didn't hit the ground so we were able to use those while we waited for their manager to run to whatever local grocery store she could find and bring in some random cake that they had on hand.


  The cake wasn't bad other than it was still frozen in the middle. 



 It was a very frustrating party for me, but like I said, the kids had a blast and didn't even know there was ever a problem! 

So, for all my trouble, I ended up with a free pass to go back "anytime I want"! 
Um. . . excuse me?  Are you kidding me? 
(Yeah right, don't think I'll be going back there any time soon!)

No comments: